Comprehensive Automation of Sugar Plants and Refineries Raw sugar
Scope of implementation:
- Raw material
- beetroot square (beetroot campaign);
- diffusion and purification of juice (beetroot campaign);
- sugar clarification station (raw sugar campaign);
- juice filtration (AMA-filters).
- germline massecuite (two-stage);
- boiling pans
- A 4 pcs, B 3 pcs, C 3 pcs;
- leachate mixing and recycling system,
- third massecuite vertical crystallizers (3 pcs.);
- five-chamber evaporation station:
- rainfall apparatuses;
- sectional hydro and water tower;
- sugar dryer:
- sugar transport and dryer;
- storage tanks and air conditioning station.
The system consists of:
- 5 process stations,
- 6 operator stations,
- an engineering station.
The system supports: 2,736 I / O signals including:
- AI 520 inputs
- AO 304 outputs
- DI inputs 1.208
- DO 704 outputs
The modern digital system Freelance 2000 by ABB used in the Gorodieja Sugar Factory allowed for full control of the technological and production process in the field of drive control, automatic adjustment of key technological parameters. The system made it easier for operators to handle production processes, including signaling alarm and emergency states, as well as reporting events and preparing balance sheets.
The use of the automation system made it possible to increase the efficiency of the sugar mill, improve the sugar output and significantly improve its quality (purity, color). In particular, the use of the automatic massecuite cooking system made it possible to cook thick syrups (70-74 ° Bx) without the use of water, ensured high homogeneity of the obtained crystals and significantly reduced the amount of fine crystal (so-called flour) obtained to 0.3%. It also contributed to a reduction in cooking time and an increase in white sugar yield by reducing the amount of leachate and steam consumption.
The new system has been prepared in such a way that it could be extended in the future, in particular enabling production management systems (MES, SAP classes) to access data received directly from the technological process.